1. I am realizing I need to know more about photography and getting good images of my art and anything else I post. This morning I took a lot of pictures outside...in the shade, sun at my back, sun on the object, to compare and learn what works best. If I do this at various times during the day, I will find what works best. Please share with me any photography tips/guidelines you use.
2. Do you use Dropbox? I am learning to use it and I love it! Now whenever I take a picture with my phone, the photo "automatically" finds it's way to my laptop. It seems like a miracle to me. I took a picture this morning. Then got ready to import it to my computer a few minutes later only to find it was already there. A miracle, I tell you. You must download Dropbox (free) and then, it seems, the rest is magic.
3. Later today I will be packing for Denver. Leaving in the morning for a quick trip to see my son and meet his fiancee. Excited does not even begin to describe me right now. We are only staying two nights this time. I will be on my best behavior and can't wait to give her (and John) a big hug.
4. Last night was Jay Leno's last show after 22 years. I love watching "last shows" when someone says goodbye to a part of themselves they have shared with us for a very long time. When Oprah left her show, I was watching. When Regis left his show, I was watching. When Larry King left his show, I was watching. And, I tell you, Leno's was the best yet. Try to catch it online if you can...at least his last 5 minutes of comments. It was entertaining with Carole Burnett, Oprah, Jack Black, Garth Brooks, and others....So good. As you would expect, he was very open and expressive saying goodbye. I love it when a grown man knows he can cry and still be strong. And his last comments? "I'm on my way home, Babe." Sweet.
5. While watching American Idol and Jay Leno I picked up a pencil and tried my hand at portrait sketching. Here is what I came up with. These are two children I know very well.....my husband and me. I am not saying they bear the slightest resemblance to us but that is who they are!
6. Had a wonderful devotional time this morning which led me to my next "work of art". It will be a compilation of powerful statements that are true universal principles and also are Bible based. Practical spirituality that imparts a powerful message. I will surely share it when I finish it. And I promise you it will make you feel like a million bucks. Yep, the truth shall surely set you free.
7. Enough for now. Can't wait to see what comes up in the rest of the day. I know it is going to be a good one!