It's not really exciting or glamorous so I don't know why I'm so taken with it. It just feels good and it could be much worse. I could be hung up on collecting! Oh horrors. Bah hah! What about you?
I ran across a blog yesterday that really got me fired up. Vivienne gets rid of 10 items a day! She's going to do it for an entire year! At first I thought I couldn't possibly do that..... then I said to myself, "Of course I can. And what fun!" So for just one week, I'm on it. I'm just committing to a week but if it's a good week, I'll probably continue.
My project will include re-purposing, recycling, giving away, gifting, and selling. My "rules" are:
- Don't mess with somebody else's stuff, only what is mine.
- Don't toss out anything that someone in this world can use.
- If I sell something, make sure it is a win-win for both parties.
- If someone wants something I don't want or need, give it to them.
- Old art scraps, paints, mistakes, junk need to morph into something new and beautiful.
- If I love it, I keep it, no matter what.