For me, the week between Christmas and New Year's is my favorite time of year. It's quiet, usually. I get to reflect and I love that. I get to look forward and dream for the new year, and I love that. BUT this year I haven't yet done any of that. All kinds of legitimate reasons.
- Spent the last 4 days with my mom.
- Took a trip to the lake to winterize the cabin...just in time.
- Met with a realtor to sell that same little cabin.
- Spent time with hubs when I got home. It was his bday after all.
- Reeled from the shock of losing a special friend
- Unpacked. Blogged. And now it's the 4th!
Theme for the year: Do I want a one word theme this year? I've settled on, "No, I don't." Too vague. Too confining.
New Year Challenges: I see them all over Blogland. Do I want to participate? "Yes, I do." Haven't decided which ones for sure yet. Any suggestions?
Resolutions/Goals for 2012: Do I want to make a list for the New Year? "Absolutely!" I'm thinking more like a bucket list for 2012.
So it's coming. Stay tuned. I'll be throwing mine out there about the time many people, not bloggers of course, will already have abandoned their shiny, new intentions. Losing weight and saving money will be down the drain for them!
I stumbled upon Woody Guthrie's New Year's List for 1942 and I love it. Hope you do too. Ah, the days before technology! "Who was Woody?", you ask. He wrote, "This Land Is Your Land, This Land Is My Land". Great song! Now it will be on my mind all day...