Sunday, October 11, 2009
It's My Birthday!!!
Thanks for all the comments you've left me at some time or other. I appreciate all of them. We bloggers all know how much fun it is to tune in and find a comment or two or ten or twenty! Send all your friends over to comment today. I'm trying to set a comment record today because...as of 70 minutes ago, it is my birthday! I am officially old now and that very first Social Security check is on the way! Senior discounts too! Let's see, what else is out there just waiting for the newest Senior Citizen? I already have a rocking chair. They gave me one when I retired. Isn't that a hoot!
I know there is Bingo up at the Moose Club near my house. Should I give that a try? And I think they teach crocheting at the Senior Center and dominoes too. Would that be fun? Should I start going to bed with the chickens (that means really early in case you didn't know) and take Geritol when I get up? I don't know about that!
What do I really want to do in my 63rd year? Let's see.
1. I want to become a professional artist. Hold me to that one.
2. I want my hair to have a few more strands of gold than it has now, and a few less strands of grey.
3. I want to have stronger muscles and bones this time next year.
4. I want to play with my friends more and that includes Larry, my ever lovin' of 40 years, unless we are having a fight. I mean, you know, this is real life we're talkin' here. Don't worry, we'll get over it.
5. I want to do a biking trip. Could be one day or a weekend. Somewhere flat.
6. I want to get a pedicure once a month instead of once a year. That's a radical thought!
7. I want to get rid of all my clothes that I don't like even if I have to wear the ones I do like over and over again. That's what we do anyway isn't it?
8. I want to drink green tea every day, and eat a grapefruit too.
9. I want us to drive out West next summer and be gone for at least 2 weeks.
10. I want to go swimming more next summer too, lots more than this summer.
11. I want to memorize the world map! Back to 4th grade I guess!
Of course I want world peace just like Miss America always says. I want us people of the Earth to be kinder and gentler and stop arguing and fighting so much, puleeeeeze! I want people to get well and be healthy, hearts to heal, people to get jobs, and everyone's life to explode with happiness and joy. I want all to be well in the world.
And I want to do my part to make it so.