I just watched the President talk about Health Care Reform. I'm so sick of all the banter between the political pundits, all the spin both ways, and all of us out here who listen to these spin doctors trying to figure out the truth. It has set neighbor against neighbor. Who can even believe this behavior? So I listened tonight to decide for myself. I took notes. This is what I heard the President of the USA say with my own ears.
1. Medicare is safe. It will not go away. It is a sacred trust from generation to generation.
2. Health Care will not cover illegal immigrants.
3. Federal dollars will not cover abortions.
4. Senior citizens will receive good care. No one will who gets treatment and who doesn't.
5. If you like the insurance you have now, you can keep it.
6. You cannot be denied coverage because of pre-existing conditions.
7. Nothing will be added to the deficit.
8. We will have choice and competition.
If you didn't get to hear it, I promise you straight out, this is what he said.