Did you know that 35% of all math errors are due to reading? Think about it. You know they use tricky wording. Sometimes we think we know what they want AND we don't really answer the right question. So, hey, don't ever miss the easy ones!!! There are enough easy ones on the EOCT to really boost your score. You can score higher on this test than you usually do on your teacher's tests! My students always score higher on the EOCT than they do if I design the test.
1. Read the problem, then read it again.
2. Make sure the answer you give is exactly what the question asks for.
3. Use the proper units.
4. Watch out for the "gotcha" answer. Those are there for people who go too fast.
5. What are they asking you for?
6. Label your drawing.
7. Read it and read it again.